Internal IT Portal Development for IFA Firm in Hong Kong
We refined the existing internal IT system of an Independent Financial Advisory Firm in Hong Kong. While advising the client on the system design and structure, we focused on the highest level of user satisfaction and efficiency.
Established in 1998, our client is one of the largest Independent Financial Advisory (IFA) firms in Hong Kong, with recognized licenses in Hong Kong, Taiwan, Macau, Japan and China. They have over 500 professional financial consultants working at over 10 offices across East Asia, serving over 10,000 individuals and corporate clients by providing tailor-made financial advisory services.
Our client has developed a tailor-made internal web portal system for its top management team, administrative staff, branch managers, consultants and clients. This system has been our client’s important asset for its daily operations to manage the information flow between different parties. While the system has been updated throughout the years, it was originally implemented nearly a decade ago. Consequently, our client sought to improve their web portal system to take into account the current technological trends.
HOW WE DID IT
In this project, we utilized a two-stage approach to identify the room for improvement on our client’s existing internal online system, seek for funding on the project, and develop a refined IT system interface.
Below provides a brief summary of our project approach:
- Identified key unexplored opportunities within our client’s existing internal IT system through primary and secondary researches
- Provided recommendations on the existing IT system
- Developed mock-ups to demonstrate the system design, flow, and major features on the new IT system
- Assisted in preparing a proposal to apply for government funding on the project
- Built an internal IT system that included front-end and back-end developments, focusing on user, document, transaction, and portfolio managements
- Established user tutorials to ensure convenient and easy interaction with the new system